Monday, March 8, 2010

Moving Pictures - A Beginning

Hi there,

My name is Matthew and this is my new classic film blog Moving Pictures. I started this blog first and for most out of my love for classic film. I’ll start off by telling you a bit about how I discovered these great movies. As cliché as this may sound the first classic film I remember seeing was “Singing in the Rain”. I remember it was a rainy night (even more cliché haha) and my girlfriend (now my wife of 4 years) and I were staying in for the evening and wanted to watch a movie. I saw this movie on our beloved friend TCM and decided to watch it. To make a long story short I loved it. The way Cosmo lit up my TV set and of course the gay little number Gene Kelly does in the rain has just stuck with me.

I finally dove deeper into them discovering Hitchcock, Hepburn, Stewart, Astaire, Welles, Edwards, you see I could go on and on. Being relatively young most people are quite shocked when I start listing off my favorite films and none of them are post 1961. (27 years before I was born) Breakfast at Tiffany’s being the stopping point no doubt. I just believe I’m an old soul I suppose. Yet another reason I’ve decided to start this blog is friendship and community.

The classic film community is a small one (especially us younger fans) yet I see such magnificent blogs such as Silents & Talkies, Midnite at Sunset and Vine, FILM, and Classic Forever. All which make me want to be a part of this community even more. Feeling inspired by their posts daily, starting this blog just seems like the right thing to do.

So in closing I welcome you to Moving Pictures – A Classic Film Blog and hope you enjoy the posts and will comment and follow as I have so many of your blogs. Pleased to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know all my fellow bloggers.


Much Appreciated,

Matthew

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy you've started to blog - I've found so many other classic film fans through blogging when beforehand I had thought I was the only young person in the world with an interest in them! I think I'm about 2 years older than you (Doing the 1961+27 year math means you were born in 1988 right?) and the only people I've ever "met" who were in my age group who had the same interests have all been classic film bloggers!

    Good luck with the blog! I look forward to seeing more of your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew, I enjoy reading others classic movie blogs. For me it is like reading someones movie journal. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate; thanks! It means so much coming from you. 1987 was the year of my birth.

    Dawn; I totally agree! Thanks so much for reading.

    ReplyDelete